- Interactive HPC reaches 5000 usersOn Saturday, December 3rd, DeiC Interactive HPC reached 5000 users. This means that in the past three months, DeiC Interactive HPC has had 1000 new users. We’re very proud of the platform’s succes. Since the National HPC services began in November 2020, it has been evident that DeiC Interactive HPC via the platform UCloud has […]
- UCloud as a complementary HPC tool within theoretical particle physicsThough supercomputers form the key basis of his research, UCloud has been a valuable, complementary tool for Tobias and his colleagues and will most likely continue to be so in future work as well. Post.doc. Tobias Tsang works within the broader research field of theoretical particle physics. As part of the Centre for Cosmology and […]
- National Health Data Science Sandbox for Training and ResearchUCloud is not just an ideal platform for the individual researcher who wants interactive access to HPC resources or an easy way to collaborate with national or international partners. It is also highly suitable for teaching. Jennifer Bartell and Samuele Soraggi, who are both working on the project National Health Data Science Sandbox for Training […]
- DeiC Interactive HPC reaches 4.000 users on UCloudWe’re approaching the end of the second year with DeiC Interactive HPC – and there are now 4000 users on UCloud! During the first year with DeiC Interactive HPC, UCloud reached more than 2000 users. We’re glad that the interest in the platform has continued to grow throughout the second year. Go to SDU eScience […]
- Teaching Humanities in UCloudUCloud has been a game changer for Assistant Professor of Cognitive Science and Humanities Computing (Aarhus University), Ross Deans Kristensen-McLachlan, teaching within the crossroads of cultural studies and data science. In short, the benefits of UCloud within teaching narrows down to a much more trouble-free teaching process free of unnecessary technical issues, allowing teachers as […]
- New UCloud releaseSince we discontinued our support for mounting your local folders onto UCloud using WebDAV, have we been in search of a way to allow the users of UCloud to work with their files locally without having to re-upload them to UCloud after every change. We are happy to announce that we now have a new […]
- Call for applications for National HPC resourcesAs a researcher or Ph.d. Student at a Danish university you can now apply for resources on the national HPC centers, including the Danish part of EuroHPC LUMI. The second call for applications for regular access to resources on the national HPC centers is now open. This includes applications for the Danish part of EuroHPC […]
- Tilmeldingen til DeiC konference 2022 er åbenNu er der åbnet for tilmeldingen til årets DeiC konference med fokus på modenhed og tilpasning. Konferencens hovedtema er ”Alignment and Maturity: Implementing Research Infrastructure Solutions”. Programmet er inddelt i fire spor: Data management, supercomputing (HPC), net og tjenester, samt sikkerhed. Inden for hvert spor vil der blive fokuseret på ’maturity’ og ’alignment’, samt strategier til løsninger på […]
- DeiC Interactive HPC Back Office workshopOn May 10th, the SDU eScience Center was visited by colleagues from Aarhus University and Aalborg University for a Back Office workshop in the DeiC Interactive HPC consortium. The DeiC Interactive HPC Back Office collaborates on the development and operation of the facility. The overall topic of the workshop was “Developing UCloud apps” and discussion points […]
- DeiC Conference 2022 – Oct. 26th-27thThis year’s DeiC conference kicks off on the 26th and 27th of October! Mark your calendar for the 26th – 27th of October 2022, for the DeiC conference! This time the conference will be held at Comwell Kolding. The conference is the event of the year in the field of e-infrastructure, particularly for research and […]
- Examining far-right memory practices by use of digital methods“I believe that when combining digital methods with the humanities, a lot of really great research can be done.” Phillip Stenmann Baun, Aarhus University Ph.d. student at the Department of Global Studies (Aarhus University), Phillip Stenmann Baun, has a background in History and is now working within the interdisciplinary field of memory studies and digital […]
- Participant reflections on data(Tinget) and using UCloudBy the end of 2021, students and staff interested in digital methods, data wrangling, text and data mining from Aarhus University and University of Copenhagen were once again invited to join the annually recurring datasprint organised by The University Libraries at The Royal Danish Library (Det Kgl. Bibliotek). With the purpose of developing competencies within […]
- Organizer reflections on data(Tinget) and using UCloudFor the majority of researchers and students of the humanities, digital methods are far from standard procedure, and this is exactly what initiatives such as the datasprints organised and financed by The Royal Danish Library hope to change. The value of digital methods in the humanities is gradually becoming clearer across disciplines. However, as programming […]
- Detecting text reuse in H.C. Andersen’s work(…)In 2019, senior researcher Ejnar Stig Askgaard from Odense City Museums began comparing Hans Christian Andersen’s notes, written between approximately 1833 – 1875, with the 162 fairy tales, novels and autobiographies. This had led to the discovery that Hans Christian Andersen liked to use symbols such as cross marks or deletions in his notes to indicate that the note had been reused in his […]
- Digital HumanitiesResearchers within the field of humanities are typically not heavy users of HPC (High Performance Computing) or cloud computing. However, a book, once digitalized, is actually quite a big data set. Assistant Professor at the department of Design and Communication, Zhiru Sun, tells us how she has been helping researchers from the Faculty of Humanities […]
- One-year-in workshop – Status of DeiC Interactive HPC, UCloudMonday the 31st of January the partnering Universities (AU, AAU, and SDU) met up for a workshop to take stock on the first year with UCloud – DeiC Interactive HPC. One year of Interactive HPC One year after going live, the effect and esteem of UCloud across national users can be (partly) analysed, and with […]
- Faster startup times for Virtual MachinesOn the 1st of February, a new and improved experience for virtual machines was launched on the UCloud platform. This means that launching a virtual machine will only take a few seconds. Previously, UCloud users had to wait a few business days before a virtual machine could be created due to a manual step in […]
- Major UCloud updateIn November 2020, the Danish universities coordinated by DeiC committed to working closely together to provide a joint platform to access all the DeiC national services such as the national HPC facilities. The project known as DeiC Project 5 will create the National Integration Portal based on the UCloud software infrastructure. As part of the […]
- Første kald om regnetid på de nationale HPC-anlæg er nu åbentEr du forsker eller Ph.d.-studerende ved et dansk universitet kan du nu søge om adgang til regnetid på de nationale HPC-anlæg, inklusiv den danske del af EuroHPC LUMI. Opslaget er åbent for alle forskningsområder. Der er åbent for ansøgninger om adgang til regneressourcer på de nationale HPC-anlæg. Det gælder også den danske del af EuroHPC […]
- HPC and Social SciencesProfessor (WSR) Oliver Baumann from the Department of Business & Management at SDU tells us how he uses supercomputing for his research and gives us his take on how researchers from social sciences, who are beginning to reach a limit with their own computers, can benefit from Interactive HPC. In a current project, Baumann collaborates […]
- Teaching through UCloudNew webinar on Teaching through UCloud The webinar aims to show how to utilize UCloud in terms of resources for students and teachers. In particular examples related to project management, software ready to use, assistance in the teacher and student workflows will be discussed. View the one hour recorded webinar and Q&A from webinar chat.
- Data(Tinget) – A data sprint on politics, history, data, and democracyOnce again The University Libraries at The Royal Danish Library invite students and staff from the Danish Universities to join us in a datasprint to grabble with digital methods like data wrangling and text and data mining. The topic is democracy and political negotiations in t… This is an excerpt. Click here for the full […]
- DaCy: A Unified Framework for Danish NLPA new set of Danish deep learning models for natural language processing (NLP) was trained in UCloud. Danish NLP has in recent years obtained considerable improvements with the addition of multiple new datasets and models. However, at present, there is no coherent framework for applying state-of-the-art models for Danish. We present DaCy: a unified framework […]
- Interactive HPC-DK AI For Science GPU Bootcamp – October 13-14, 2021Learn how to apply AI tools, techniques and algorithms to real-life problems. You will study the core concepts of Deep Neural Networks, how to build Deep Learning models as well as how to measure and improve the accuracy of your models. You will also learn essential data pre-processing techniques to ensure a robust Machine Learning […]
- Nordic-RSE online unconference – June 29-30, 2021Are you developing software or tools that are driven by research/engineering in either academia or industry? Need to network, share knowledge and experiences with your peers? Nordic-RSE invites everyone interested to join and shape the agenda of our lightweight get-together. The program will consist mainly of your contributions and we encourage you to submit a […]
- Improve your research impact: Metadata for Machines WorkshopOne Danish research group can get the unique opportunity to make their metadata machine actionable in a 2 x 1/2 day event – free of charge. The concept is developed by researchers for researchers. The aim of the M4M WS is to work practically on how to improve your metadata and make them machine-actionable, thus […]
- When no news is bad news – Detection of negative events from news media contentDuring the first wave of Covid-19 information decoupling could be observed in the flow of news media content. The corollary of the content alignment within and between news sources experienced by readers (i.e., all news transformed into Corona-news), was that the novelty of news content went down as media focused monotonically on the pandemic event. […]
Share with us
Submit a story to promote and inspire researchers and your front office colleagues across all the Danish universities.
DeiC Interactive HPC will do the interviews and write the story. All you have to do is provide a description of what your front office assisted with and the contact information of the researcher, that has agreed to participate.
Anything else Interactive HPC you think we should share?